Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fave Blog Posts


Prompt: 5 Fave (or Most Popular) Blog Posts From This Year – 
link-up hosted at Traveling with T

When I started this blog in January 2014, I had no idea where it would take me. I was (and am) doing it for fun and to keep track of my reading experience. So I didn't even think about statistics, frequency of posts, responding to blog events, memes, posting pithy reviews, etc.

But, stuff happened. I found that I did respond to some prompts, some challenges, some reading events.

It's been a learning experience so my 5 fave posts are not related to how many views and comments my posts generated, but are posts that enhanced my blogging experience. Here are my faves in order of posting.

Sneezing With Steinbeck An early post inspired by the Bingo Reading Challenge.
Serendipitous Reading from March.This is the sort of post I had in mind when I started the blog.
Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon A whole new web experience. So much fun! 
Two Days of Surfing from September. Just because it says something about the bookish Internet.
Month of Faves: Six Degrees Of Separation (Books) I loved the Month of Faves. This is the one I most enjoyed doing and I also enjoyed the comments it received.

Many, many thanks to  Estella's Revenge, Girlxoxo, and Traveling with T 
for setting up this special end of year blog event. It's been great!!!!
And it's helped convince me to keep on blogging.
 

2 comments:

  1. I could kick myself for not participating in the Six Degrees of Separation post in A Month of Faves..I was intimidated, but I loved seeing everyone else's creative ideas. A definite for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It combined a lot of mental games I like to play: making up little stories or poems from book titles; thinking about what different books have in common, and serendipity. (plus interesting covers).

    ReplyDelete