Monday, December 31, 2018

End of Year and all that


I didn't meet my Goodreads goal of 200 books and I don't care because I have cookies!

I got behind on my "Deal Me In" short story challenge so have been trying to catch up. (I also had to fill in some dates.)  I finished this morning with the Queen of Clubs: Bernard HÅ“pffner, Portrait of the Translator as Chameleon
I didn't enjoy this challenge as much in 2018 as I did in 2017. The randomness began to get to me toward the middle of summer. I don't know if I'll do it again this year. I still read plenty of short stories, but on a different schedule.

Some things that cut into my reading time were the day trips and generally being more physically active this year (a big plus especially if you have cookies).

Goals for next year?  A smaller Goodreads challenge, continue exploring the Northeastern neighborhood, try to reduce the "owned-but-unread"* list, and eat a few cookies.

*had 331 books on it at the beginning of the year, it now has 341.

No comments:

Post a Comment