Sunday, May 20, 2018

May (third week) 2018 Reads

I really have been reading, writing has been the problem. Just haven't been in the mood to blog, plus I've been juggling several books and only finished one. Had auto work, a medical appointment, and took a friend to her med appt, so I spent a lot of time in waiting rooms.thus, the Kindle book got my attention.

This week the "Deal Me In" card is the Six of Clubs; the selection is The Old Meeting-House: Sketch from the Note-Book of an Old Gentlemen (from The Oxford Harriet Beecher Stowe reader)
A glimpse of old New England when everyone in the household (even the dogs) went to meeting.

Carry over from last week: the card was the Jack of Hearts; the selection was Second Chance by Etgar Keret (in Watchlist : 32 stories by persons of interest).
This was very short and fun. What if we had a way to go back and take the road not taken?

from the library...
The Sparsholt Affair by Alan Hollinghurst (Kindle edition)
Liked this a lot,  Hollinghurst is one of my favorite writers. I wish he'd given this father and son a different surname--I keep forgetting "Sparsholt" when people ask what I'm reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment