Saturday, December 02, 2017

December (first week) 2017 Reads

Calling it December since it will be posted on Dec 2. A dreadful Deal Me In short story this week. But the other short stories I read were great and/or pretty good. The novels I read were fine.

Still having browser problems. My Firefox wasn't broke until they "improved" it. This entry looks blah without images but I just don't want to mess with it.

Story:  Razor Blades by Lina Meruane (in The Future is Not Ours), translated from the Spanish by Janet Hendrickson
Yuck! Gross mean girls.

Card: King of Spades - not bothering with looking for a card this week.


from my shelves...

I'd Like by


Vaseline Buddha by Young-moon Jung; translated from the Korean by Jung Yewon
Surreal stream of consciousness which is, at times, hypnotic. An excellent read.

Flames of Quiet Light: Thirteen Tiny Tales of Love and Loss by


After Rain by William Trevor (Kindle)
Great collection of stories.

Now and at the Hour of our Death by Susana Moreira Marques; translated from the Porteguese by Julia Sanches
Non-fiction. Observations by an observer of a palliative care unit in rural Portugal.
from the library...

Uncertain Glory by
I really liked this novel of the Spanish Civil War. The politics of that war always confuse me and this shows that the participants were pretty confused too. Sales was involved in the war.

The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen, 83¼ Years Old by
An old geezer in a old folks home--reminded me of the Brit-com Waiting for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment