A very good reading month.
I started the month with some short reads - a novella and some short stories:
Wide Sargasso Sea by Rhys, Jean
One I should have read years ago!
Apeiron by Cadwell Turnbull
The Velvet Chair by Nina Schuyler
Muse by Nancy Schoellkopf
Then I moved on to some longer fiction:
Some People by Shroff, Parini
Elderly woman has a fall and her soon to be ex son-in-law ends up as her care giver.
French Exit by deWitt, Patrick
Odd cast of characters in Paris. Started out slowly but I'm glad I stuck with it.
Sunrise by Obreht, Téa
Three timelines, three stories merge in a Wyoming Badlands ghost town. I liked this.
The Plague of Doves by Erdrich, Louise
Really good (but tedious at times).
The Painting by Schuyler, Nina
Excellent!
And, of course, I read a book with the word "last" in the title:
The Last Days of New Paris by Miéville, China
A surrealist adventure in an alternate WW2
Then a short story collection, some light verse, and a look at Connecticut town halls:
The Persimmon Tree and Other Stories by Barnard, Marjorie
A collection of twenty short stories by the Australian writer, Originally published between 1943 and 1985.
A cat book by E. V. Lucas; illustrated by Pat Sullivan
Nonfiction:
Connecticut town halls ranked: See where all 169 landed by By Philip Bump, Annie Xia, Luca Powell, Patrick McCaslin
Not at all surprising that our town hall ranked very low, but not last.
No comments:
Post a Comment