Saturday, July 29, 2017

August (first week) 2017 Reads

My blog is really lagging this week. I haven't read my story of the week, haven't made any notes on my reading, and haven't searched for a card. Will try to do something with some of this during the week. No excuse for the blog blahs, it just happens sometimes.

Story: The Facts Concerning the Recent Carnival of Crime in Connecticut by Mark Twain (on my Kindle)
Card: Ace of  Clubs- this should be an interesting search for an image. 

online...
More stuff  at Three Percent concerning the Two Month Review: a lively podcast featuring  Rodrigo Fresán, author The Invented Part, and a fun written-to-formula jacket blurb by Chad Post. 

Literature as Life: Sergio Pitol’s “Trilogy of Memory”  by Ignacio M. Sánchez Prado
Goodarticle about one of my favorite authors.

Sheesha Ghat by Naiyer Masur; Translated from the Urdu by Moazzam Sheikh and Elizabeth Bell
Short story

The Bones of Louella Brown by Ann Petry from her story collection, Miss Muriel and Other Stories.
A mix-up in a mortuary is more than embarrassing for the undertakers and a prominent family.

from the library...  
Reading Writing by Julien Gracq, translated from the French by Jeanine Herman

The Best Minds of My Generation: A Literary History of the Beats
by Allen Ginsberg, Bill Morgan (Editor), Anne Waldman (Introduction)

No comments:

Post a Comment