Monday, September 05, 2016

Online Reading Day


I didn't mean it to be totally online reading, but I started off with a quick look a Twitter and my eye was drawn to the illustration for this:

Pete Wells Has His Knives Out: How the New York Times critic writes the reviews that make and break restaurants.  By Ian Parker
I thoroughly enjoyed the article. I have never wanted to be a restaurant reviewer, but I've always thought it would be interesting to tag along with one. So I'm a bit envious of Parker, but not of Wells.

Whilst I was reading the Wells/Parker article nearly 200 more tweets showed up on my feed--and I really don't follow very many people, or do I? 
I always wonder when this happens if I should just carry on reading the tweets from where I left off or if I should eagerly hit "Home" and read the new ones first. I don't spend a lot of time with Twitter so I haven't established a Twitter routine.Or maybe I should ignore Twitter and see what else The New Yorker has for free content today? 

But the article mentioned the Eater  website and I haven't looked at it in ages...

I think it going to be a surfing kind of day...


I decided to carry on with Twitter from where I left (meaning there are now 288 tweets above the New Yorker one). I found this The Blanton Museum of Art at the University of Texas at Austin:

Xu Bing: Book from the Sky  about an interesting exhibit (one I'd like to see)




From CNET's Technically Literate short story collection: Cuba's King of Batteries by Cristina GarcĂ­a; Illustrations by Roman Muradov. A Cuban boy has an adventure on a German Uboat.

Usually we read to learn something new, sometimes we read to confirm what we already know. In the "I knew that" category is:  American Literature Needs Indie Presses by Nathan Scott McNamara in The Atlantic.

Less reading today than usual--blame  US Open Tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment