Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Twenty Books of Summer 2021

 
It's been ages since I've signed up for any challenges but I'll give this one from 746 Books a try. 
 
Since the number twenty is not a challenge for me (I've already read over 80 books this year), I decided to do something to make it more challenging. Project Gutenberg is one of my favorite places to explore so I decided to read twenty books from there -- all with the word "summer" in the title. So I did a quick word search. Of course the results did not all have the word in the title; some were in the author or subject field. For some it wasn't obvious why they came up.

After eliminating those, I still had way more then twenty results. I sorted them to get a variety. There were a lot of travel journals and children's books so I just took a sampling of those. Even so, I ended up with more than twenty but I know from past experience that the some stuff on Gutenberg can be too tedious to finish. Therein lies the Challenge! (That and taking time to write brief  reviews.)

Fiction (5):

Short Stories (3): 
  This one for the illustrations: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/24449/24449-h/images/img11.jpg
  
Juvenile (2):
 
Nature (3):  
Our Summer Migrants by James Edmund Harting (An Account 0f the Migratory Birds Which Pass The Summer In The British Island) (read 7/25)
  Because it's in Connecticut
 
Travel (4 titles, 5 volumes):
 
Other (2):
Kinda Campy, I hope   
 
Extras (2): 
 I'm not sure why these two came up on a search for "summer," but they look like fun so I'll read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment