Friday, January 06, 2017

Pushkin - Contents notes


The Little Tragedies; by Alexander Pushkin; translated and with introduction and critical essays by Nancy K. Anderson.  (Yale University Press, 2008)
Contents:
Introduction
The Little Tragedies in English: an Approach (essay)
The little tragedies: The miserly knight ; Mozart and Salieri ; The stone guest ; A feast during the plague
Critical essays. The seduction of power: The miserly knight ; Betrayal of a calling: Mozart and Salieri; The weight of the past: The stone guest ; Survival and memory: A feast during the plague.

The works of Alexander Pushkin; lyrics, narrative poems, folk tales, plays, prose,
selected and edited, with an introduction, by Avrahm Yarmolinsky.  (Random house, 1936)Contents:
INTRODUCTION

I. LYRICS and BALLADS
Old man --
To Chaadayev --
To N.N. --
Gay feast --
A nereid --
Grapes --
"I've lived to bury my desires" --
The lay of the wise oleg --
The coach of life --
"With freedom's seed" --
Epigrams --
"Beneath her native skies" --
Winter evening --
The prophet --
Message to Siberia --
Arion --
Three springs --
Remembrance --
"Casual gift" --
"The man I was of old" --
The upas tree --
Portrait --
"Lovely youth" --
"I loved you once" --
"Here's winter" --
Stanzas --
To the poet --
Madonna --
Elegy --
"My critic, rosy-gilled" --
"For one last time" --
Verses written during a sleepless night --
On the translation of the Iliad --
"Abandoning an alien country" --
Work --
"When in my arms" --
"No, never think" --
Autumn --
Funeral song --
" ... I visited again" --
"'Tis time, my friend" --
Secular power --
"Pure men, and women too" --
"In vain I seek to flee" --
"When, lost in thought" --
"Unto myself I reared a monument" --

II.NARRATIVE POEMS
Poltava --
The bronze horsemen --
Eugene Onegin --

III. FOLK TALES
The tale of the pope and of his workman Balda --
The tale of the golden cockerel --

IV. DRAMATIC WRITINGS
Boris Godunov --
The covetous knight --
Mozart and Salieri --
The stone guest --

V. PROSE
The tales of Belkin --
   The shot --
   The snowstorm --
   The undertaker --
   The postmaster --
   Mistress into maid --
The Queen of Spades --
Kirdjali --
The captain's daughter --
Omitted chapter --
Unfinished stories --
The negro of Peter the Great --
Dubrovsky --
Egyptian nights.

POSTSCRIPT

No comments:

Post a Comment