Sunday, January 01, 2017

No Promises To Keep

As usual, I'm not making any New Year Resolutions, nor am I making any Best of 2016 lists.

No challenges yet except for the Goodreads one which I set at 215 - one book more than I read in 2016.

But I do have a short, somewhat goofy, list--a sort of Where Things Stand list. This is just a way to record a few things and to occasionally check my progress on them with no special goals in mind.

  1. Number of books on my GR "owned-but-unread" shelf : 410 as of 01/01/17 Will check (sporadically) to see how much this number changes.
  2. Daily pedometer reading: This has been all over the place, my low is dismal, the high should be higher. Will try to walk more bit, again, no specific goal.
  3. Swim/aquatic exercise: I now do hour long class 4 days a week, with a few laps after for about 10 minutes three days a week. Try adding a stroll on Main Street (weather permitting) once or twice a week after class. Vague goal.
  4. House: What a jumble--especially downstairs! do something about it--yeah, right.
I do love being retired:


"I got no deeds to do
No promises to keep"
Paul Simon

2 comments:

  1. I know several people who either dread retirement or don't know what to do with it once they are there. I'm more than a few years away from it currently, but all I have to say is: BRING IT ON!! I can't wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I like most about retirement is----Everything!!!

    ReplyDelete