Sunday, April 27, 2014

Read-a-Thon End of Event Meme

End of Event Meme:

Which hour was most daunting for you?
  I was closest to falling asleep at the end of hour 22.
Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
 I'm too tired to think about it now, but I'll keep it in mind for later.
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
 Not sure. Some of the mini challenges were a bit time consuming.
What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
 This is my first time so I can't compare it to a past one. Also I jumped in at the last minute so I wasn't prepared. The hourly challenges that got me out of my chair really helped.
How many books did you read?
 Five
What were the names of the books you read?
 The Train to Warsaw by Gwen Edelman
 The Vacationers by Straub, Emma
 This Dark Road to Mercy by Wiley Cash
 The Wives of Los Alamos by TaraShea Nesbit
 Mr Darwin's Gardner by Kristina Carlson; Emily and FleurJeremiah (translators)

Which book did you enjoy most?
  No favorite
Which did you enjoy least?
  Mr Darwin's Gardner, I was really too tired to appreciate it. I'll re-read it when I've rested.
If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
 N/A
How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
 Highly likely as a reader. not sure about other roles, I need to think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! That's a lot of books. I wish I put more effort into the mini challenges, but I was just so focused on reading and interacting with people online I just didn't have enough time.
    Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! During my Readathon challenge I sent out copies of The Twelfth Child to everyone who commented. If you didn't get yours please let me know!

    ReplyDelete