Tuesday, January 03, 2023

December 2022

A very strange month in which I finished only seven books!  But! I almost finished a long one (552 pages) which my housemate checked out on her card thinking I might like it. She was right:
Grand Hotel Europa by Pfeijffer, Ilja Leonard 

After I finish it, I may get around to an end of year wrap up  -  or not.

A Curious Invitation: The Forty Greatest Parties in Literature by Field, Suzette 
Finished Dec 4. An enjoyable read. About time I got around to it. It's been on my kindle since December of 2014
This Is How We Love by Moore, Lisa 
Review copy via GoodReads giveaway. Not enjoying this at all. Probably won't finish it.

Checked out Nov 25
Agent Josephine : American beauty, French hero, British spy by Lewis, Damien
Finished Dec 8. Ok, but not the best.
Deer man : seven years of living in the wild by Delorme, Geoffroy
Finished Dec 10. Interesting read. Roe deer in France. 

Checked out Nov 28
Dogs of summer by Abreu, Andrea
Finished Dec 27. A short book that seemed to take forever to read. I kept setting it aside and forgetting about it. Meh girls coming of age in a boring summer.

Checked out Dec 10
Spaceman of Bohemia by Kalfar, Jaroslav
Finished Dec 12. Liked this one.

Checked out Dec 18
A dangerous business by Smiley, Jane
Finished Dec 20. Disappointing, rather boring "mystery" by an author I usually enjoy reading.
The performance by Petrucci, Claudia --carried forward into Jan
The tally stick by Nixon, Carl               --carried forward into January

Checked out Dec 22
The Bullet that misses (Thursday Murder Club #3)  by Osman, Richard
Finished Dec 26. Slightly better than the first two (which were pretty good).


No comments:

Post a Comment