Monday, January 26, 2015

January 2015 Reads (week four)

The snow is starting to fall. We will probably be snowed in until Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. I depends on how long it take them to dig us out. I have plenty to read.

I continue with The Museum of Abandoned Secrets by Oksana Zabuzhko. (I really like this but I'm taking it in small doses.) I started Relish : my life in the kitchen by Lucy Knisley. (fun).  I opened The strange library by Haruki Murakam, shrugged my shoulders and set it aside.
I started this week with two puzzling reads:


Tinkers by Paul Harding which has won a number of literary awards: Pulitzer Prize for Fiction (2010), PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize (2010), Flaherty-Dunnan First Novel Prize Nominee (2009).
I received this book from the publisher as an extra with a LibraryThing Early Reviewers win. I liked it, but I'm not sure why. I haven't reviewed it.


My review of the other puzzler: Self-Portrait in Green by Marie NDiaye
is on my French Lite page,


The sound of the mountain. by Yasunari Kawabata, Translated from the Japanese by Edward G. Seidensticker
Library book. This is the second group read for January in Japan.
A more straightforward narrative than the two above. I haven't yet done any notes or review. I'm pondering on whether I liked it.

Kind of a slow reading week for me. Spent a lot of time with household stuff--getting ready for the blizzard and putting away Christmas stuff, finally! Time to kick back and READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment